Monday, June 10, 2013

Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins




Since I've (temporarily) switched to working 4 10-hour days, I've been making an extra effort to prep all I can in the night or weekend before the workday. 
Lately, I've been cooking my lunches and making up breakfasts on Sunday, so, I can just "grab and go" in the mornings - that way, I will have something healthy and yummy!
Plus, I have to rearrange my typical routine to squeeze in my preferred Eeeaaarrlly morning workouts!
 But, ya know...I'm finding out how much time it saves if I just prep the night/weekend before. Who knew how much time I've been wasting? Well, now I know. 
Crazy how we all get use to doing things "a certain way" and fall into a routine (B/c I am a routine-lovin' gal!)
Yeah, anyway...the Muffins! 
Riiiiggght.
It seems like I pinned the recipe, oh, forever ago, and, now, I've finally made them.
Check out these Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins on FitandHealthywithDebi
They are Tasty!
They are Filling!
They are Easy!
(Do I have you excited now?)
Nummers! (translation: Yum)

***

 Banana Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins

Blurry Pic! But, you get the idea. :)
Ingredients:
  • 2.5 cups old fashioned oats 
  • 1 cup plain low fat Greek yogurt (I used Fage 0%)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 cup honey (I ran out of honey, so, I used 1/4 cup honey + 1/4 cup Truvia Baking Blend)
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 2 TBSP ground flax seed
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 ripe bananas
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray tin with non-stick cooking spray or line 12 muffin tins with silicone or foil liners.
2. Place the oats in the food processor and pulse for about 10 seconds. Add remaining ingredients to the food processor.
3. Process until everything is mixed together and oats are smooth.
4. Divide batter among cupcake liners, and bake for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean.

I whipped up the recipe, which makes 12 muffins, and ate on these all week for breakfast.
Just bake and store in the refrigerator or freezer (depending on when you plan to eat them).

When you are ready to eat them, heat them in the microwave for a few seconds, top with peanut butter, and Ooh-wee!

(I strongrly recommend eating them warm AND with Peanut Butter...unless you're a weirdo person who doesn't like peanut butter
I love how the muffins "stuck with me" and kept me FULL!
Perfect Portable Breakfast!


P.S. I calculated these to be 125 calories each (5g protein, 20g carbs)

No comments:

Post a Comment