Thursday, May 30, 2013

Roasted Garlic & Mozzarella Chicken Sausage Pizza





*Sigh*
YES, this is another pizza recipe...I can't help it!
I have really been lovin' me some pizza lately.
Guess I've got my Lovin' in the Oven.

Roasted Garlic & Mozzarella Chicken Sausage Pizza  is based off THIS RECIPE recipe I found at 

I had been "eyeing" some Chicken Sausage at Sam's Club and finally "bucked up" and bought a package.
(Plus, Julie at PBFingers always makes chicken sausage look so delicious!)
Sam's Club had several flavors including Fajita, Red Pepper, Italian, Spinach & Asiago, and Roasted Garlic & Mozzarella. 

Clearly, I went with the Roasted Garlic & Mozzarella

Now, I have 15 chicken sausage links to use....
1st recipe using 2 (of the 15) sausage links was this:


TA-DA!!!

It was Yum in my Tum!
For the crust, I used one of the hubby's friend's recipes (Dan's the name, cooking's his game - har har). 
Yeah. I've had that crust recipe for, oh, 2 years and just now finally decided to make it, BUT, better late than never!
The crust was great! The best homemade crust in this house to date! 
The Dan's Pizza Crust was thick, sturdy, yet soft, with a nice crispy bottom. 
Oh, yeah.

Dan's Pizza Dough (aka the crust)
1 envelope active dry yeast
1 cup warm water, 110-120 degrees F
1 1/2 tsp sugar
2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
2 Tbs olive oil
1 tsp salt
dried Oregano, Garlic, dried Basil, to taste
cornmeal, for dusting dough

1) Put Warm water in a cup; sprinkle yeast over water and stir in sugar; let stand for about 10 minutes, or until mixture begins to bubble
2) Separately, combine 2 1/4 cups of flour and salt in a large bowl; pour in oil and yeast mixture and stir until a stiff dough is formed.
3) Turn dough out on a floured surface; knead for about 5 minutes, or until smooth and elastic. Add extra flour as needed to keep from sticking to hands and surface.
4) Place dough in a large, greased bowl; turn dough over to coat dough well; Cover with a wet towl and let rise in a warm place (like a warm oven) for about 30 minutes. Dough should double in bulk.
5) After rising, punch down dough. Sprinkle dough with cornmeal and shape to fit a lightly greased pizza pan.
6) Top with toppings (below) and bake on 425 degrees  for 15-20 minutes

The Toppings:
10 ounces of diced tomatoes (if using canned tomatoes, drain tomatoes well)
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
Roasted Garlic & Mozzarella chicken sausage links (a different flavor would do fine)
1 cup of shredded Italian 5-cheese blend
5 oz. fresh mozzarella

YUM!!!

On a side note: I think my new favorite flavored coffee is Red Velvet coffee!!!
This is actually my 2nd variety of Red Velvet coffee - I had tried a different brand before this and wondered if my new love was dependent on the brand itself. 
Nope! I think I just looove Red Velvet coffee. 

I picked up this yum at TJ Maxx.

No comments:

Post a Comment