Thursday, April 25, 2013

Spicy Chicken and Pepper Jack Pizza



Again, I apologize for the less than stellar pictures.
And again, this recipe for Spicy Chicken and Pepper Jack Pizza is way better than the pictures. That's a promise!

This is a quick, tasty, and different from the usual "at-home" pizza. 
At first bite, the hubby and I both thought, "Man, this IS spicy! What is causing this to have such a "kick"?".
Then, I checked the salsa jar...I purchased HOT salsa by mistake. 
Don't misunderstand, this Spicy Chicken and Pepper Jack Pizza is delicious, just be mindful (and not distracted, like me) enough to grab the correct type of salsa according to your "heat" preference. 
Can we say "Caliente?"

I found this recipe on EatCakeForDinner's blog and immediately thought, "Tasty!" and pinned for later cooking. But deviated slightly from the recipe. 
One thing I changed, instead of making my own pizza crust, I used Mama Mary's Whole Wheat Pre-made Crust - purchased at Walmart. I really like that crust. Definitely would buy it again. 


Spicy Chicken & Pepper Jack Pizza
Ingredients:
Pizza Dough for 1 pizza (Again, I use Mama Mary's)
1 Red Bell Pepper, diced
1/2 large Onion, diced
1 cup + 1/2 cup of jarred salsa (I really like On The Border salsa)
1 1/2 cup cooked chicken, shredded
2 cups of Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded
Cilantro, to taste

Directions: (With pre-made crust)
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) While oven is preheating, sautee red bell pepper and onion in a skillet until onions are clear and soft. Add 1/2 cup of salsa. Remove veggie/salsa mixture from heat.
3) Top pizza crust with remaining 1 cup of salsa. Top with veggie/salsa mixture, then, chicken, then cheese.
4) Bake pizza for 10-12 minutes or until crust is brown and cheese is bubbly.
5) Remove from oven. Sprinkle with cilantro if desired. Let cool slightly. Serve and YUM!

Overall: I would make this again. Tasty, differently and spicy (with HOT salsa, of course :)). I really don't think this would be spicy at all with mild salsa. Yummy!!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks so good, thanks for posting this recipe.

    Simon

    ReplyDelete