Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Snickerdoodle Cupcakes



Surprise! 
Simply Scrumptious Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
Brought to you by the letter "S."
Ha ha - Sesame Street, anyone?

Guess what my favorite part about a Snickerdoodle is?
Cinnamon
(Which, oddly, begins with a "c," but sounds like a "s." Let's not confuse the kiddos, Ernie.)

I love, love, love cinnamon!
A sprinkle here, a sprinkle there...
I kid you  not, I go through cinnamon the most out of all spices 
(that, and garlic - on the opposite end of the spice spectrum.....--.AHH! More "s's"!!! I cannot stop!).

If you are a fellow cinnamon lover, how can you go wrong with Snickerdoodles
And, Snickerdoodle + Cake = Eermergerdddd? (omg)

This was my first "go-around" with Snickerdoodle Cupcakes and I use a recipe from the blog, Momadvice
I followed her directions exactly  mostly and it was tasty.

Ingredients
Cupcake:
  • 1 package plain white cake mix or yellow cake mix (I used white)
  • 1 cup whole milk (I used 2% milk and it still tasted delicious)
  • 1 stick of butter, melted
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
Frosting:
  • 1 stick butter
  • 3 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
  • 3-4 Tablespoons milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and flour & grease or line your cupcake tin.
  2. Place cake mix, milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large mixing bowl. Blend for three minutes (stop to scrape once).
  3. Using an ice cream scoop, scoop batter into your cupcake tin and then bake for 22-25 minutes.
  4. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely.
  5. For the frosting, beat butter until fluffy.
  6. Add all other ingredients. 
*The Cook's Notes: The frosting was mega-sweet with tons o' cinnamon. So, I added a dab of sour cream to help balance the mega-sweetness. Next time, I'll reduce the amount of cinnamon in the frosting to 2 tsp and reduce the amount of powdered sugar/add sour cream (?). However, the cake itself wasn't overly sweet, so, the sweet frosting wasn't an overkill of sweet - remember, adapt to how you like your frosting. 
Overall - good cupcake. 
Grade: B

***
Check out my SWEET cupcake carrier!!!
I *love* it!
Present from my Granny for Christmas. 

It kind of looks like a UFO, but I don't care - it is the perfect cake/cupcake carrier!
If you're interested., this can be purchased at Bed, Bath, and Beyond 
Why is it awesome?
Just a few brief bullet-points...
1) The top collapses for regular, shorter cakes (and storage purposes)
2) The cupcake holder itself also collapses and can be removed from the carrier.
3) It has a handy-dandy handle for easy carrying and secure snap-lid


2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh girl! These look fabulous and so does that lemon cake down below!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! They were yummy - I do love cake!

    ReplyDelete