Friday, April 5, 2013

Protein & Blueberry Oat Bake


Yay! It's getting to be "Berry Season!!!!"




Okay, I'm going to be upfront and admit these pictures aren't that great. Sorry...phone pics!

Although the pics aren't stellar, this is a healthy dish for grubbin' and goin'.


This Protein & Blueberry Oat Bake was my "take" on combination of 2 recipes....from SkinnyTaste and Amanda Kopeski. Well, actually, this recipe is a take on Amanda Kopeski's recipe which is a take on SkinnyTaste's recipe. Kind of like so-and-so told so-and-so who heard it form so-and-so.....Well, nonethless, cooking is about experimenting and making this work for you.

I combined all the ingredients the night before I baked, covered it with saran wrap in the refrigerator (unbaked), and cooked it in the a.m. as I got ready for work.
That way - minimal work in the morning! ('Cause that's my workout time, yo.)

"The Unbaked Oat Bake"


The finished product!

Obviously, I didn't eat all this at once - I've kept this stored in the refrigerator, just cut a slice as needed, heat it up for about 30 seconds, and "Hello, breakfast."

Here's the recipe:
Ingredients:
2 scoops of Optimum Whey Nutrition Protein Powder - Banana Flavored 
1 cup of old fashioned oats
1 cup of almond milk
1 Flax Egg (1 Tbs Milled Flax Seed + 3 Tbs Water)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 tsp of butter or vanilla extract
About 2/3 cup of blueberries (I'm not going to lie, I just "eyeballed" it)
1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2) Combine all ingredients except walnuts. 
3) Spray an 8x8 casserole dish with non-stick spray and pour mixture into dish. 
4) Top with Walnuts
5) Bake for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
6) Remove from oven. Let cool. Yum!

**For the overnight version, just complete steps 2 & 3, cover and place in the refrigerator until baking the next morning.

Remember, grub & go!

*****

This recipe is a perfect compliment to Tina Real's Best Body Bootcamp
It's kickin' my boo-tay! (And making me a starvin' marvin!)
Really, you need to check it out.
I *love* it!
$25 for an 8-week detailed workout plan that you can accommodate to your fitness level, minimal equipment, and PRIZES!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment