Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Nummer-Nummy Nut & Date Balls


Nummer-Nummy (translation: Yummer-Yummy) Nut and Date Balls are indeed delicious!
The inspiration for this recipe came from SkinnyMs
However, I only used SkinnyM's recipe as a guide for these Nummer-Nummy Nut and Date Balls and decided to make it "my way." (Yeah, like that's a big surprise...) 
This recipe was a "tester" recipe.
And I was kind of "winging it."
The result?
Success!!! It's Darn Tasty!!! (and, not to mention, healthy).

I gave one to one of my co-workers and just said, "Oh, this is something I made and decided to give it a try-hope you like."
She came back to me a few minutes later and told me that she loved 'em.
She was equally shocked when I mentioned the "healthy" part. 
Winner-winner, got me a nut-ball winner! (har)

So, I shall make these again, and probably for a (work) crowd. 
Nummer-Nummy Nut and Date Balls are the perfect make-ahead snack and/or sweet bite at the end of a meal (without all that guilt 'cause I have one heck of a sweet tooth). 

Nummer-Nummy Nut and Date Balls
Makes about 12 Balls @ about 80 calories each

Ingredients:
1/3 cup oatmeal, uncooked
2 Tbs chocolate protein powder
4 oz chopped dates
1 Tbs Peanut Butter 
1/2 cup of sliced almonds 
1/2 tsp vanilla
dash of cinnamon
1-2 Tbs of water (just enough to reach desired consistency)

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place sliced almonds on a cookie sheet. Bake for about 5-6 minutes until lightly toasted. Remove from oven and let cool. 
2)  In a food processor, pulse oats until crumbled. 
3) Add in remaining ingredients and pulse
4) Scoop out and roll into balls
5) Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
6) Serve and YUM!

No comments:

Post a Comment