Sunday, April 21, 2013

Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps

       
Whoa, sorry for the blurry picture!
                           

It seems I have really been "breakin' out" my George Foreman grill lately...check out those grill marks on these Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps
The "catch" with these is that this is made "healthier" with a Low-Carb Tortilla (80 calories) and doesn't require one to shape the ground beef into a patty - "easier" (and not as "icky").

Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps can be found at Semi-Homemade's Mom's Blog.
I would have used Worcestershire sauce like the recipe lists, however, I had a case of "the Butterfingers." *sigh* Luckily, I have found not stray pieces of glass on our kitchen floor after "the incident."
Also, I had some thick-cut (organic and local) black pepper bacon in the refrigerator that I cooked, diced, and added to our Grilled Cheeseburger Wraps, so, I guess I made them Grilled Bacon Cheeseburger Wraps. :)


Ingredients:
  • 1 lb ground beef (I used 93% lean)
  • 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce (Um...I dropped mine and broke the bottle, so, I didn't get to use. Yeah, go me.)
  • 1 tablespoon ketchup
  • 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
  • Pepper and salt to taste
  • 5 flour tortillas (I used Ole Low Carb Tortillas)
  • Shredded cheddar cheese (or 2% American Cheese slices, whichever you prefer or have "on hand")
  • Optional toppings: sliced tomatoes, yellow mustard, pickles, and cooked, diced bacon


Directions:

1) Brown ground beef in large skillet and drain. Add Worcestershire sauce, ketchup, dried onion, and salt and pepper to the beef and simmer for 5 minutes. 
2) Sprinkle shredded cheese down center of each tortilla. 
3) Add a few heaping tablespoons of the beef mixture on top of the cheese. 
4) Spread some mustard on top of the beef along with some slices of tomato. 
5) Roll up tortilla burrito-style and place wraps on preheated indoor grill (I used my George Foreman). 





The result? Average - Good, but nothing too different. I think I prefer our Juicy Lucy's (on a whole wheat bun). But I would make this again, if I had the ingredients hanging out in my "stash".

No comments:

Post a Comment