Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thai Black Pepper and Garlic Tofu


I have an announcement...
I have now successfully cooked Tofu!
Whoo! Hoo!

So, I've tried making tofu once before. 
But, while it wasn't terrible, it wasn't really that great either. 
However, I knew I hadn't prepared it properly - Perturbed Patty Passively Persisted such. 
(Sorry-couldn't resist. There is not Patty. I just wanted to use a lot of "p's")
The first time, tofu was attempted I hadn't 
1) drained the excess water from it or 2) gotten my pan adequately hot to induce crispiness.

So, you know what the game plan was this time?
Yeah, no-brainer.


I have this yummy, yummy, tasty recipe on pinterst, of course - on the blog, Fat Free Vegan. 
Ironically, I am definitely not a "fat free vegan."
Nonetheless, Thai Black Pepper and Garlic Tofu passes the "tofu test."
Click the link to check it out....


You'd be proud - Yes, I totally followed the recipe, except only used Green Pepper and Onion as my veggies. Sometimes simpler is more welcoming at the time. 
So, if you choose, know that you can change up the veggies according to your tastes (or pantry stock). 

Sauteing the Pepper and Onion - check out those brown flavor bits!

Thai Black Pepper and Garlic Tofu is very healthy, tasty, and easy (roughly about 300 or so calories, 27g of protein, and low carb!) 
It's nice to know I have a tempting tofu recipe I can whip up in no time!
YUM!
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment