Saturday, March 2, 2013

Saturday Events & a Hungry Quick Fix: Peanut Butter and Banana Quesadilla w/ Greek Yogurt

Hola! Aloha! Ciao!
Hope you are enjoying (or did enjoy) your Saturday!

Today, I woke up at 6 a.m. on a Saturday.
Yeah.
Well, I dealt with that like any logical human being (without kids) would...I lounged around on the couch until  I got hungry. 
First up: Coffee with my Keurig and a dash of Almond Milk.
Oh, Almond Milk, I have missed thee.
I do apologize for my two week absence. 
But, alas, now together we will be....
Needless to say, my coffee (cups 1 & 2) was delicious!




Then, I got hungry and made these for breakfast ---->
               Protein Muffins from Life and Fitness by Ashley

They are pretty decent (remember: protein muffins) - you can really taste the protein powder in them, but are filing and satisfy a muffin craving (because this girl hasn't had a muffin in for eva!)
I made 1 with banana-flavored protein powder and 1 with chocolate-flavored protein powder. Surprisingly, "bread-like."



Then, I soaked in the tub for my sore muscles (thank you Jillian Michaels and Supreme 90 Day System) and decided to take an easy workout day...Hello, HOT YOGA! I was totally diggin' the hip stretches today.


I came home and readied myself for the day (I know, about time, to get my relaxed lazy butt in gear!)
I ate some lunch and decided to go shopping!
Don't hate, I have no kids and an "itch" to purchase things.


I had a couple of Old Navy coupons AND they're khakis are $19 right now. And to be fair, I purchased clothes for myself and the husband.

See?

His:

Mine:

Looks pretty darn happy & "springy," huh?

Then, I bounced on over to Bed, Bath, & Beyond and found (but did not purchase, yet) the comforter set I want for our bedroom. 
I have been looking and looking for one that 1) we both would like and 2) would not cost my whole right arm. 
I think. 
I found it.

Now that I know the husband likes, I just need one of those 20% off coupons....
Whatcha think?
Petra 12-Piece Bedding Superset

After a couple more errands, I headed on home and was a bit hungry again. Darn physical need for food. (JOKE, I swear!)

I made a "Hungry Quick Fix": 
Peanut Butter and Banana Quesa-dill-a 
(Come on, say it like Napoleon Dynamite.)



Super Easy and Quick!

1) Smear 1 Tbs of Peanut Butter into a Tortilla Shell
2) Place 1 sliced Banana on top of peanut butter and drizzle with about 1-2 tsp of Honey and a sprinkle of cinnamon


3) Heat a skillet on medium heat. Spray with non-stick butter spray.
4) Cook Quesadilla until lightly browned on both sides. 


 5) Top with Greek Yogurt Cream - (2 heaping Tbs Greek Yogurt, dash of cinnamon, dash of vanilla, dash of Truvia).



6) Serve and YUM!

1 comment:

  1. Haha I guess I am used to the taste of protein powder! :)

    ReplyDelete