Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Canadian Bacon & Zucchini Frittata



Yummmm....
Check out this easy, healthy, & delicious frittata -
Canadian Bacon & Zucchini Frittata

I made this recipe up as I went, using up items in my fridge, and I loved it!
Plus, it was ready in a flash and minimal clean-up.
Oh, yeah.

This is perfectly portable meal, too, for a breakfast-on-the-go or lunch.
('Cause that's the plan for my leftovers!)


Ingredients:
About 10 slices of Canadian Bacon
6 eggs plus about 3 Tbs of milk, beaten
1/4 large onion, diced
3 large button mushrooms, chopped
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
Parmesan, for sprinkling (to taste)
salt & pepper (to taste)

Check out those layers.
Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Layer Canadian Bacon in a 10 inch non-stick skillet, overlapping edges of Canadian Bacon slightly.
3) Whip together eggs and milk.
4) Stir in onions, mushrooms, salt & pepper into egg mixture
5) Pour egg mixture over Canadian Bacon
6) Top egg mixture with sliced Zucchini
7) Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through.
8) Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
9) Flip frittata onto a plate and serve - Yum!

***
I was totally having one of those days where I was *this close* to not working out.
But, boy, am I glad I did. 
I got some much needed cardio endorphin release. 

Now, if only my complex would fix the gym entrance so I could resume my 5:30 a.m. workouts (instead of using my dvd's as backup)....
Oh, well, guess we all need a little change in our routine! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment