Friday, February 22, 2013

Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili


I know what you're thinking....Another Sweet Potato recipe?
What can I say, I'm on a kick and I looove sweet potatoes.
I think the Hubby is catching on to and getting a bit underwhelmed by all the Sweet Potato Recipes.
He's says things like, "Didn't we just have something like this?" and "I'm just in the mood for something else..."
Yeah, yeah. I hear ya!
So, I think I will give us a break from sweet potatoes (just for a bit, though). 

Nonetheless, this recipe, Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili from Taste of Home, is stellar!

I followed the recipe (SHOCKER!) - except made half of the recipe and made this in my crockpot (4 hours on low).
I usually follow Taste of Home recipes quite closely because I know they are always spot-on with their seasonings and recipes.  
This recipe was no exception - I didn't need any additional spice; perfecto!


Sweet Potato & Black Bean Chili is SUPER healthy, low cost, and easy!

But, you know what I really like about this recipe?
It's got this balance of spicy-sweet to it. 
And, I'm a HUGE fan of spicy-sweet.
It has honey, chili seasonings, & coffee. 
Don't freak out. I promise it "works" and you don't taste the coffee. 

Say, "Hello" to chunky, tasty, balanced and healthy chili. 
YUM!!!


1) Chopped up my (unpeeled) sweet potatoes.

2) Added my diced onion. 

3) Added the rest: Seasonings, canned black beans, canned tomatoes, coffee, and honey (plus a *touch* of beef broth).

4) After 4 hours on low in the crockpot...YUMMY!
I enjoyed mine sans cheese. 


No comments:

Post a Comment