Monday, February 25, 2013

Rich Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cake

First off, let me apologize for the picture...
I really should have taken the time to give you a better glimpse of this deliciously rich and moist Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cake. 
Because it really is truly delicious.

This cake is not one of those deceptive chocolate cakes.
Oh, you know the kind. 
The ones that look amazing, chocolate-y, sweet, moist and fudgy, saying to you, "Oh, come hither and have a bite (or slice, or two)." 
But, down deep they are just flavorless and disappointing. 
Let's call them "Shallow Cakes."
I know I am not alone in my disdain for the not-so-chocolate shallow cake. 

This cake is everything those cakes are not. 
This Rich Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cake is...
Amazing

Chocolate-y
Sweet

Moist
and 
Fudgy

Are you drooling, yet?
Good. 
Now, go make this cake!


P.S. This cake is super moist. I made the cake on Wednesday evening and it was still delicious and not dry on Monday. Yeah. Seriously. 
P.S.S. The Peanut Butter frosting recipe makes a stiff frosting (too stiff for frosting properly, in my opinion). I recommend adding more milk/cream to loosen up the frosting for easier spreading. 
Moist Cake + Stiff frosting = no bueno. (Hence my not so beauti-mous picture.)
Loosen up that frosting, baby! *wink*

2 comments:

  1. Who doesn't love chocolate and peanut butter? I know I do!!

    ReplyDelete