Sunday, February 3, 2013

Baked Salmon w/ Lime, Jalapeno, and Sour Cream Sauce



You've probably noticed almost all of my Seafood dishes are Salmon recipes. 
What can I say, we are a Salmon-eating duo. 
It's one of the hubby's favorite fishes to eat.
(P.S. I really like Trout, too, but it's not as readily available as salmon). 

I'm a bit pickier in choosing fish at the grocery, than, chicken, beef, or pork, because you know when fish goes bad. *Ick*
This last trip, I purchased fresh salmon from Sam's Club - thought I'd give it a try.
I think that's where I'll do my future salmon shopping - very good, reasonable priced, and not frozen. 
Winner-winner. (No, I will not finish with "Salmon Dinner.")  :-)

I wanted to make something a bit different than Dill Salmon or hubby's favorite BBQ Salmon. 

Did you notice the original recipe has Chive?
Well, this chica did not have chive en la casa.
(Dunno why I just switched to espanol...maybe it's the Jalapeno.)

Nonetheless, I omitted (of course). 
I followed the recipe, but used less butter and less jalapeno ('cause I ran out of that, too! Fancy that.)

The dinner was tasty.
I served with a side of Roasted Broccoli (um, yum!), Herbed Bisquick Biscuits (I seasoned with garlic, onion powder, dill, and basil), and Rice-a-Roni (classy, I konw) fajita rise. 
Arriba!

So, we had a very loosely Mexican meal (Jalapeno, lime, fajita rice) mixed with American (Roasted Broccoli and Herbed Biscuits)???
Maybe odd, but it worked. 
I totally snagged the leftovers. 

Check out the link for the recipe!
Yum!

2 comments:

  1. That all looks so yummy! I'm always on the lookout for a new salmon recipe too. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete