Wednesday, February 27, 2013

20 Questions (Healthy Living Survey)

I thought I'd jump on the "survey bandwagon" and complete the Healthy Living Survey I've seen passed around.

***Random Fun Fact of the Day***
Origin of the "Bandwagon Effect
 Literally, a bandwagon is a wagon which carries the band in a parade, circus or other entertainment.[6] The phrase "jump on the bandwagon" first appeared in American politics in 1848 when Dan Rice, a famous and popular circus clown of the time, used his bandwagon and its music to gain attention for his political campaign appearances.

Yeah, okay, the survey:


1) What did you eat for Breakfast today? 
Today, I wanted a lighter breakfast - it was a Meal Bar, a Banana, and, of course, lot o' coffee. 
2) How much water do you drink a day?
Oh, gosh. Just call me "camel." I carry my Camelbak water bottle with me everywhere. Even if I just go to walmart, to church, everywhere. My motto is, "I'm just a naturally thirsty person." I haven't ever measured precisely, but a good estimate is at leat 16 glasses. Seriously. The poor waiters at restaurants....

3) What is your current favorite workout? Tina Reale's Best Body Bootcamp! Love that she efficiently "kicks my butt" and the workouts are already planned for me. 

4) How many calories do you eat a day? Um, more since BBB. I range from about 1700-1900 calories, maybe. I usually keep a "rough estimate" but don't keep up with it precisely. I used to be a calorie micro-manager but now focus more on being strong and eating whole foods. 

5) What are your favorite healthy snacks? Apples are one of my snacks almost daily - Crunchy and sweet. I also like carrots, grapes, peanut butter crackers, greek yogurt, and snack bars with protein. What can I say...I'm a snacker.

6) What do you usually eat for lunch? Varies. It can be soup, freezer meal, or whatever - it just needs to be relatively healthy and have a decent amount of protein. Today was leftover cheese ravioli w/ garlic bread (last night's dinner). 

7) What is your favorite body part to strength train? Oooh....the WHOLE lower body! Fine, I shall be more specific - I'd say my butt and quads. and legs. Okay, lower body except the calves. (ha!)

8) What is your least favorite body part to strength train? Um...upper body in general, but not a lover of training the Deltoids. (Ouch!)

9) What are your "bad" food cravings? CHOCOLATE! Pretty much sweets in general. I have a bad habit of wanting a bite of something sweet after dinner. *sigh* I am one of those people who needs a tiny bit of sweet every day. I should probably get a "handle" on that. Eh. 

10) Do you take vitamins or supplements? 
Yeppers (well, when I remember). B Complex, Multivitamin with Iron, Chronium Picolinate, and sometimes Glutamine. 

11) How often do you eat out? 
About once or twice a week on average (I have a restaurant-lovin' hubby.)

12) Do you eat fast food? Not really. Unless we're traveling or "out and about" and the Hungry Monster hits. 

13) Who is you biggest supporter? 
Hubby as far as education, sound judgments, and other life moments. As far as fitness? Probably my friend Camee. 

14) Do you have a gym membership? 
No, currently where we rent our apartment has a free gym. I miss my gym membership and the environment, but currently...Free is winning. I like free, don't you?

15) How many hours do you sleep a night? About 7 hours during the weekdays and 8-9 hours on the weekend. Zzzzz. (Yeah, I have 0 kids, obviously.)

16) Do you have a "cheat" day? I allow "cheats" everyday. I try to make more balanced decisions and listen to my body when it's hungry. No, I don't eat cake every single day, but I try to eat healthy most of the time...the 80/20 rule. 

17) Do you drink alcohol? 
Not often at all. On a few occasions, but very uncommon. 

18) Do you have a workout buddy?
Use to, but I moved to a new state (miss you, Camee!!!)

19) What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle? I am more aware of the nutritional content of food and what is "healthy" and was is not. Because growing up, I honestly wasn't raised to be aware of calories, nutrition, or fitness. It's like "a whole new world" (Aladdin, anyone?)

20) What is the last healthy thing you did? 
Worked out yesterday (today was a rest day).

What about you? What is the last healthy thing you did?

No comments:

Post a Comment