Thursday, January 10, 2013

Side Dish: Oven-Roasted Cauliflower & Best Body Bootcamp

In a rush and need a healthy, fast, and delicious side dish?
How about Oven-Roasted Cauliflower with Garlic, Olive Oil, and Lemon?
Sound Yummy?
Oh, it is. 

I had a head of cauliflower hanging out in my refrigerator.
I originally planned to try and make Mashed Cauliflower (the healthier substitute for mashed potatoes), but I was in the mood for something lighter and crunchier.

Oven-Roasted Cauliflower is ready to eat in less than 20 minutes - prep time and all!
Plus, easy clean-up.
Loved it!

Recipe by Emeril Lagasse---->Click HERE

Ingredients

  • 5 to 6 cups cauliflower florets, about 1 1/2 inches in diameter (from 1 medium cauliflower)
  • 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon sliced garlic
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
  • 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
  • Chopped chives, for garnish

Directions

Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Place the cauliflower florets in a large saute pan or a roasting pan. Drizzle the olive oil over the cauliflower, and season with the garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Place the saute/roasting pan in the oven and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure even roasting. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with the Parmesan. Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately while still warm.

***

On another note, I started a workout program on Sunday called Tina's Best Body Bootcamp. 
Click hereto check out her site---> http://tinareale.com/.
Tina emails you workouts to do every 2 weeks.
The programs is structured for 5-6 workouts per week with a combination of strength and cardio workouts.
If you are unfamiliar or fear certain workout moves, the bi-weely emails contain links so you can watch videos of the workout move.
This plan provides enough direction so you have a great workout, but also lists alternate moves to make the workouts easier or harder. I love that you can modify to suit your personal fitness level.

So far, I LOVE BBB!
BBB is motivating me and challenging me to workout out differently...which I am due for a change-up in my workout routine. I tend to gravitate to the same ol'-same ol'.
I strongly recommend this program!

Another Awesome thing about BBB?
It's only $25...for 8 WEEKS!

It's like having your own personal trainer (without them standing over you) for $25!!!
That's less than the cost of one month at a gym. One Month!

Seriously, check it out. This chick knows her stuff.



1 comment:

  1. I love cauliflower anything! It has such a unique flavor. I used to make cauliflower fries, similar to your recipe and dip them in ketchup. Yum! Love the blog! I have tons of recipes on my site as well: SoFitandSoGreen.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete