Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Easy Crockpot Baked Potato Soup

<-----Easy Crockpot Baked Potato Soup 

Man, I am on a lucky "streak" this week!
I have another More Make It Fast, Cook It Slow recipe.
This one was soooo easy.
I mean really

I love that this recipe was so simple, the deliciousness took me by surprise. 
Yummy.

Ingredients:
5 lbs, potatoes, peeled and diced into 1-2 inch chunks
1 small onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp season salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
2 quarts chicken broth
2 (8 oz) pkgs cream cheese
optional: crumbled bacon, green onion, or chives as garnish

Directions:
1) Use a 6-quart slow cooker. Put potatoes in the stoneware, and add the onion and garlic. Sprinkle in the seasonings and pour in the chicken broth. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours. 
2) The potatoes should be fork tender. You can use a potato masher or handheld stick blender to mash the potatoes into the soup (to get rid of large chunks of potatoes to make a smooth soup). 
3) After smashing the potatoes, squeeze in packages of cream cheese and replace the lid on your slow cooker. 
4) Cook on high for 30 minutes, or until the cream cheese is completely dissolved, stirring a few times. 

What did I do differently?
  • I made half of the original recipe
  • I used lowfat cream cheese
  • I cooked my potatoes whole and skin-on, then, chopped them up after they were cooked with a knife (while still in the crockpot). 'Cause I like the texture (and it's easier). *aka, I left my soup chunky! *

******

The next book on my reading list --------------->
I just picked it up from the library today. Anybody read this?
If so, what are your thoughts?






******
I Work Out! ----------> We received the next 2 week set of workouts from Tina's Best Body Bootcamp this week.
So far, 3 workouts down.
These 2 weeks focus on Endurance.
Lots of reps with lighter weights and longer, more steady intervals in cardio.
I'll tell ya, running at 8 RPE for 5, then 7, then 10 minutes...Hard!
Definitely a challenge - which is a good thing!
Oh, yeah, my "hammys" were sore on Monday.

Tina provides progress charts to help us gauge our progress.
Well, I did my measurements at the start of Bootcamp.
I re-meausred at 2 weeks and guest what?
RESULTS, baby!
I've lost about...
  • 1" off my waist
  • 1 " off my butt
  • 1/2" off my thigh
  • 1.5 lbs
I'm not going to lie, I am shocked. I wasn't expecting these kind of results so fast.
Yes, it's hard work, but so worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment