Thursday, January 17, 2013

Crockpot Pulled Pork + Beer Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

  
 Yes, you read correctly....
Crockpot Pulled Pork + Beer Grilled Cheese Sanwiches!

I found the recipe courtesy of the blog How Sweet It Is
I followed her recipe almost exactly - except I made a 1/3 of the original recipe. 
Because 6 lbs of pork for 2 people is a heck of a lot of piggy for dinner. 

With my 1/3 of a recipe, I made 6 sandwiches (dinner + tomorrow's lunch) and I still have enough pork left over for another dinner night (or to eat on an "as hungry" basis). 
So, with this recipe, you are actually making tonight's dinner AND extra pork for another night....sweet!  

A couple of pointers:
1) The recipe recommends using pork shoulder or pork butt, but I decided to use boneless thick cut pork chops instead at it worked great. 
2) I used my George Foreman indoor grill to toast the sandwiches (the George Foreman is GREAT for grilled cheese!). 






 Making the Beer Cheese Sauce on the stove top ------------->


 Pulled Pork en la crockpot----------------------------------->










 <----------Pre-Grillin'





I love the concept of a Crockpot Pulled Pork + Grilled Cheese concept. I may experiment with my cheese...I want MORE gooey cheese. I crave this gooey cheesiness. 
'Twas Tasty!

****

Today was a running day for BBB. 
Man, my body was still tired from these awesome workouts. 
It was a cardio only day, which is easier, but I still switched from doing running intervals to incline intervals (From higher impact to lower impact).
Lovin' it!

No comments:

Post a Comment