Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Chewy Peanut (or Almond) Butter Granola


Oh, Let me tell you, this smelled YUMMY baking away in the oven!
As it was baking, I was like, "Oh, I want it NOOOOW!" 
ha ha.
Okay, I wasn't that terrible, but it smelled sweet and heavenly.

I was strollin' and patrollin' the 'net (yo, dawg), when I stumbled upon this recipe:
Chewy Peanut Butter Granola

Hmmm. Chewy, you say?
And you offer Peanut Butter with that chew?
Yes, I think I will. 




Not to mention the other attractive features of the recipe:
 Only a whopping 3 ingredients needed
+
All Natural ingredients
Cooks in 8 minutes
+
Minimal Prep (aka EASY)
+
I had these items currently in the "food stash." (That one is quite important.)


Now, I've made granola once before, and, I personally thought it to be too crunchy and I just didn't fall in love with it. Didn't hate, but I could live without it.
This Granola has the perfect amount of crunchy vs. chew.
Crunchy enough to be granola, but not so dog-gone hard you chip a tooth. 
(Ask Elroy about the chipped tooth...)

 
 
 So, why did I refer to the recipe as Chewy Peanut (or Almond) Butter Granola?
Well, because I used Almond Butter instead of Peanut Butter.
At that (baking) moment, I had some fresh 100% natural Almond Butter from Fresh Market in stock. 
Oooh, I do love thee, Almond Butter.
 So, feel free to use any kind of nut butter: Peanut, Almond, Cashew, etc.

I ate my Granola for Breakfast by making a Greek Yogurt Parfait.

Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment