Thursday, January 24, 2013

Brown Sugar Cinnamon Chip Cookies


Brown Sugar Cinnamon Chip Cookies
Well, It's been a while since I've posted a dessert. 
I've been trying to do better since the holiday.
But, I snagged this bag of Hershey's Cinnamon Chips a couple of weeks ago for $.75.
Couldn't resist. 
I do love Cinnamon...a lot. (In fact, it is the only "necessary" addition to my oatmeal.) 

I found this recipe on the blog Sprinkle Charms <--- Click for the blog link.
They are REALLY good.
I made this for work and I had at least 5 people tell me they were  not just "good," but DELICIOUS!

Crap, now that I have discovered Cinnamon Chips and this "dog gone" yummy cookies, I fear cinnamon chips are only popular in stores during the Christmas season. 
Darn.
Oh, well, I will keep this recipe "on file" for when I come across these babies again.
(My waistline hopes this isnot soon, but my tummy wants otherwise).
Maybe you can find them or have a "stash" awaiting to be consumed?

If you love cinnamon, you NEED to make these!

My Mess of a Kitchen during the Baking Process

Before the Oven
Baking in the Oven

Voila! Nice and Beautiful...and Buttery...and Sugary.....YUM!
Ingredients: 
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
4 tbsp. butter, softened
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup cinnamon chips
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine all ingredients, leaving out the cinnamon chips, and mix well.
Gently stir in cinnamon chips.
Roll dough into 24 balls and place on cookies sheets.
Bake for 12-15 minutes

Yields about 24 small cookies


* I doubled the recipe and it made about 4 dozen small, tea-party size cookies. (I think they were cute!)
* Looking back, the cookies didn't spread as much as Sprinkle Charm's cookies. Perhaps I should have let my butter softened a bit more. Nevertheless, still awesome.
Wee tiny cookie, in the palm of my hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment