Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bisquick-Breaded Chicken Tenders



Bisquick-Breaded Chicken Tenders

I pinned this recipe on Pinterest.
It claimed to be the "Ultimate Chicken Fingers"

I am a sucker for baked chicken tenders (i.e not fried!), so, I thought I'd give this one a shot.
Generally, when I make baked chicken tenders, I use Panko breadcrumbs because 
I *heart* panko breadcrumbs!

 But, I am always up for using what I have in the house + trying something different. 
Guess it's the adventure in me, the accountant. Because you know we accountants are 
Just. So. Adventurous.


Baahh aah ahh!
Sorry, I couldn't resists a nerdy accounant joke AND a shirtless Ryan Gosling.

Fine, what was I saying?
Shirt, Gosling, Accountant, Recipe...Riiiight....Back to the recipe.
(Okay, a quick peek at Ryan first, THEN the recipe.)

So, as I was saying, I thought I'd try this "Ultimate Chicken Finger" recipe in lieu of my preferred Panko Chicken Finger recipe.

Was the chicken finger "ultimate"?
More like average.
 The recipe produces a good standard, average chicken tender.
Nothing earth-shattering or amazing, but just "there."
I STILL prefer my Panko Chicken Fingers for the crunchy texture, but, if I were out of panko in the house, I'd make this again as an alternative. 

Here's the Recipe and the LINK:
(p.s. I did not make mine gluten-free as in the link)

Ingredients:
 3/4 cup Bisquick® Gluten Free mix
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 lb), cut crosswise into 1/2-inch strips (or 8 tenders)
2 eggs, slightly beaten
Cooking spray
 
Directions:
1. Heat oven to 450°F. Line cookie sheet with foil or parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
2. Stir Bisquick mix, cheese, paprika and salt in shallow baking dish. Dip chicken strips into eggs, then coat with Bisquick mixture; repeat with other pieces, dipping in eggs and Bisquick mixture two times each. Place chicken on cookie sheet. Spray chicken with cooking spray.
3. Bake 12 to14 minutes, turning after 6 minutes, until no longer pink in center.
 

 ****


I am still partipating in Tina's Best Body Bootcamp!
Tina's already announced there will be another Best Body Bootcamp in April - Count me in! $25 for 8 weeks of butt-kicking instruction?
It's a steal
.
This week, we finish up Week 4 (Set #2 of Workouts).  The first week of the set #2 of workouts, I was soooore! But this 2nd week of #2 workouts, I'm sore not nearly as much (?). It's probably been my least sore of the 4 weeks 
('Cause, in general, I have definitely been "feeling" the exercises).
I'm not complaining...this program is great and "kicking my butt!" (Which I like!)

At the end of this week we are to do a "Fitness Test" to gauge our progress.
Fingers crossed for good results. I know I feel stronger. I'm hoping my speed on the treadmill has improved a bit, too. I'll keep you posted!

We also start next 2 weeks of *new* workouts (Set #3) this coming week! All I'm saying is...Oh. My.
My muscles are quivering already....can't wait!


No comments:

Post a Comment