Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Red Velvet Cheesecake {Bars}

 Um...YUM!!!
Yeah, Red Velvet Cheesecake!!!
This was *Delish.*
This is probably my favorite cheesecake recipe I have made thus far. 
I got it in my head, you know my crazy ideas, to make a Red Velvet Cheesecake
Not a regular cake, but a Cheesecake.  
Don't get me wrong, I do Looooove cake, but this was not the time (oh, yes, that may come later). 
I scowered the internet and found a Taste of Home recipe. 
Mmmm. Taste of Home. One of my trusted recipe sites.
I pinned it for later. 
Well, later was today!

What a Great Day, huh?

This was a *bit* of a challenge. 
First problem?
I did not have a springform pan. 
"Eh, I'll wing it," I said. 
I prepared a round cake pan to bake this baby in, but as soon as I started making the filling...there was *no way* the filling was going to fit!
Plan B: I baked it in a 9x13 dish. 
(I dunno have the heck it was suppose to fit in a 9" springform pan, but, hey, it must, according to the recipe. )
As a result, my Red Velvet Cheesecake became Red Velvet Cheesecake Bars.
Delicious? 
Yes! 
But pretty? 
Errr...I'm going with a "no."

It's okay, I'll take taste of beauty (with food) any day. 
And tasty, this definitely was.

I may make this for the HoLiDaYs!
The Red Cheesecake, and maybe tint the frosting on top Green?

Go Check it Out!!!!------>Red Velvet Cheesecake Recipe
 



No comments:

Post a Comment