Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Weight Watcher's Summer Corn, Bacon, & Potato Chowder

So, now pics of this one, BUT Lots of Color!
Okay, really.
If you go to this handy little link here, you'll find a very appetizing photo. :)

Like the title says, this "test" recipe is a Summer Corn, Bacon, & Potato Chowder
Being a Weight Watcher's recipe, it is also healthy. 

This truly was a "test" recipe for us. Hubby is very pretty picky about his soups. 
As in, he likes his soup very filling, like a stew, or very cheesy.(Broccoli Cheese soup, Cheesy Potato Soup, you get the picture).
Those 2 combos don't always equal healthy.
Although, he will now eat Chili (not really a soup) and Ham & White Beans (again, not really a soup). Kind of a moot point....

Well, what was the result, you ask? 
Hubby liked it pretty okay. 
Like, yes, make it again, but he's not going to beg me. 
Let me remind you... 
Hubby. Is. Picky.
So, if he liked it okay AND it is healthy, it's got to be pretty darn good. 
I'm just saying. 

My opinion?
I found the Summer Corn, Bacon, & Potato Chowder to be flavorful and filling enough to leave you satisfied, but not heavy enough to make you feel miserable.
'Tis Tasty.

It was relatively simple to put together, too. 
Plus, I "subbed" 2% milk for skim, Russet Potatoes for Yukon Gold (But, Yukon would have been better, I'm sure because I *heart* Yukon Golds), and Center Cut Bacon for the Canadian Bacon (Hey, don't judge, it's what I had in da' fridge). 

This Chowder would be great for a cold day or anytime.
Plus, it's an easy dinner. 

We served ours with Sourdough Bread for dipping.
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment