Ooooh! Aahhhh! Yummmm!
This is one of the better meals I've made in a while!
And you know where it all started?
One of the perks of moving to a bigger town.
Yes, this recipe all began there and the rest blossomed from my brain.
I was browsing Fresh Market when I spotted some yummy Focaccia Bread.
Now, I had to decide which flavor???
Like a weirdo, I was trying to casually and inconspicuously smell the bread, you know, to get an idea of the taste.
(Does anybody else do this, but me?)
I decided on Sun-Dried Tomato Focaccia.
I bough the bread and didn't know what to do with it.
You see, I had originally decided on a Sourdough Turkey & Swiss Panini in my weekly recipes.
This clearly would not go with that plan.
Time to re-think. re-approach. re-do.
I bought boneless sliced turkey breast still not 100% of the type of Turkey Panini I would make.
I thought and thought more.
I just decided on what I thought would be good.
Just my noggin'.
Here's what I did.
1) Soak 3/4 pound of boneless skinless and sliced turkey breast in the following:
Shortcut Buttermilk (i.e. Milk + Vinegar) and Italian Seasoning.
2) Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3) The Next day, Cook Bacon. Set aside to let cool.
4) Remove Turkey Breasts from marinade.
5) Sear and in a hot skillet until cooked through. Set aside and let rest for at least 5 minutes
6) Slice Focaccia Loaf into 2 pieces (top and bottom) if necessary
7) Start assembling sandwiches with the following:
Jar of Roasted Red Peppers
8) Cook on a pre-heated Panini Press or George Foreman Indoor Grill for about 5 minutes or until the cheese starts to bubble and the bread gets "toasty".
9) Cut into smaller sandwiches and Serve!
As a recap, here's the ingredients you'll need:
3/4 lb boneless, skinless, sliced turkey breast (Fresh turkey section at your local grocery store)
Buttermilk or Shortcut Buttermilk
4 pieces of cooked, crumbled bacon
1/2 cup fresh spinach
1/3 jar of roasted red pepper
1/2 - 3/4 cup shredded Parmesan
1 loaf of Sun-Dried Tomato Focaccia (or another flavor, if desired)