Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole.
When out to lunch with a friends a couple of months ago, the "Special" at 2 different restaurants on 2 different dining occasions (relatively close in dates) was Poppy Seed Chicken Casserole.
It's catching, obviously.
One recipe was a Cheesy Broccoli Poppy Seed Casserole while the other was a Traditional Creamy Casserole.
What did I do?
I kind of combined them...
Creamy Broccoli Poppy Seed Casserole.
I generally followed a recipe from www.fo1.2od.com as my start.
Then "tweeked" it.
I can't help it.
Nothing like a nice hot casserole after a day's work
at the office.
- 3 cups cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 (10.5 oz) can of cream of chicken (I used low sodium)
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 Tbs poppy seeds
- 1 steam-able bag of frozen broccoli
- Ritz Crackers, finely crumbled
- 2 Tbs light butter
- 1/3 cup of Chicken Stock or Milk (er....just "eyeball it")
- Preaheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Microwave Broccoli for about 3 minutes (Not all the way cooked through). Set aside.
- Combine Chicken, cream of chicken, sour cream, poppy seeds, broccoli, and chicken stock/milk. Stir until mixed well.
- Use non-stick spray in a casserole dish. Add chicken mixture.
- Top with crumbled Buttery crackers
- Drop little pats of butter on top of crumbs
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve and Yum!