Want breakfast that is fast?
What about one with lots of protein?
Oh, and what about a breakfast that is easy and delicious?
I mean, what more could you want?
This very healthy recipe is of my own and resulted from a dessert.
I was making Tiramisu for a co-workers birthday and had 6 egg whites left over ('cause the Tiramisu called for 6 yolks. and yes! It was very delicious!).
I was not about to let protein-packed egg whites go to waste!
Here's what I did...
Makes 6 Egg Muffins
6 Egg Whites
3-4 slices of Center-Cut Bacon, cooked and diced
1 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge (I used Swiss)
Seasonings, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) Whisk together 6 egg whites, 2 Tbs water or milk, diced bacon, and laughing cow cheese wedge. Add in seasoning...mine where Dill Weed, Garlic Powder, Salt, & Pepper.
3) Spray muffin tin with non-stick spray.
4) Bake for 20-ish (sorry, didn't monitor the bake time closely) or until eggs are set.
5) Remove from oven and let cool. Store in fridge up to 2 days.
(You may be able to freeze, but I haven't tried.)
My favorite way to enjoy these is stuffed in St. Joseph's Pita Bread (found in the bakery section at Walmart and they are low-carb) with