Saturday, July 21, 2012

Strawberry Cake


Me making this cake was a product of the German Chocolate Cake I made last month.
As we ate the German Chocolate Cake at work, I mentioned that I made the cake for my boss because I had overheard her say German Chocolate Cake was her favorite and that I remember all things "food". Another co-worker then says to me, "Well, since you remember all things food, my favorite cake it strawberry." Duly noted. And....
TA-DA!
A strawberry cake was made.

To be completely honest, I didn't get to taste this cake. *sad face*
I had to leave work early that day and there was zero cake left the next day. That just let's you know how great everyone thought it was. Per those that enjoyed the cake (i.e. not me), this was a very yummy dense and moist strawberry cake. Several people told me it 'twas delish and it was a "keeper."
Guess I'll file this in my cake recipes folder.

I mostly followed the recipe...my changes are listed below:

Cake:
1 bx white cake mix
1 small bx strawberry gelatine (I used sugar-free)
1 cup oil (I used 1/2 cup melted butter and 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce)
4 eggs
1 cup mashed strawberries, sweetened and NOT drained (I forgot to sweeten mine w/ sugar)

Frosting:
1 stk butter, softened
4 cups powdered sugar, measured THEN sifted
1/2 cup mashed strawberries, drained
2 Tbs cream cheese (I added this, this was not part of the original recipe)

1) CAKE: Mix all cake ingredients together and pour into a 9x11 inch pan. (You can layer in 2 smaller pans if you'd prefer - Which I did make into 2 round pans.) Do not fill to the top of the pan, or batter will bake up too tall. 
2) Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes.  
3) FROSTING: Mix together frosting ingredients. (It's very important that strawberries are drained.) If too thick keep adding strawberries until it is the right consistency.  

No comments:

Post a Comment