Sunday, July 15, 2012

I had a MAJOR Craving for....


Chicken Alfredo Pizza!!!
  The strength of this craving kind of crept up on me. I just didn't realize until I was racing through the store like a mad woman buying the ingredients how badly I wanted this pizza. 
You see, on Thursday, I thought to myself, "Hmmm, I haven't made my Alfredo Pizza in a while."
On Friday, I said to Hubby, "You know what sounds good...."
On Saturday, a day I was especially hungry, (you know the days you wake up hungry and the hunger just. doesn't. stop.), I was running errands when the craving struck full-force. I went to the store to by my needed ingredients and whipped up the pizza in no time.
'Twas delicious.
Craving tamed.
This is a super easy recipe - pretty much assembly only.

Ingredients:
 Freshetta Thin Crust Pizza
1 can of chicken  (2/3 of large can)
1 cup fresh spinach
1/3 can of artichokes, drained and chopped
alfredo sauce** (see below)
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Salt, Pepper, & Basil

Directions:
1) Top pizza with spinach, artichokes, and chicken. Season with salt, pepper, and basil.
 2) Make alfredo sauce (possible to use jarred sauce if in a hurry).

 3) Top pizza with Alfredo and mozzarella.



4) Bake on 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
5) Slice and Enjoy!

**This is alfredo sauce is a scaled down version of my usual cream cheese Alfredo sauce. Simple add
2 Tbs cream cheese
2 Tbs light butter
3 Tbs grated Parmesan
2 Tbs milk
Dried Basil, Garlic, 1 Tbs lemon juice, and parsley.

1) Combine all in a saucepan on low to medium heat. Stir until combined.


No comments:

Post a Comment