Monday, July 9, 2012

Finally, I Cooked...

Yes! I finally cooked.
Yeesh. 
It's been like 2 whole weeks. 
I think I was having withdrawals. 
Really.

We've been so gosh darn busy lately-going out of town on weekends, 4th of July, weddings, etc. 
We have been running around quite a bit! And when we are home, we're busy and kind of take a break from all the "big" meals. 
'Tis summer!!!

So this was tonight's Din-nah!
Citrus Marinated Salmon (Courtesy of Tastefully Simple 29-Minute Marinade)
Corn on the Cob (Hubby brought me some home---Yay!)
Zucchini Casserole
Mashed Sour Cream & Garlic Potatoes

Yum! 
I haven't had salmon in what seems like forever. 
Ok...here's the condensed recipes for the evening. 


For the salmon---> Just marinade and cooked in skillet.

For the corn---> I tried a method of cooking a fab gal at work told me about...simple stick the whole un-shucked corn cob in oven on 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. Take out of oven, let cool, and shuck. Season with butter, and salt, pepper. Seriously, super easy. The corn steams inside of the husk. You don't even have to clean up a dish!!! 

For the zucchini---> Add 2 shredded zucchini, one egg, 1/2 to 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, salt, pepper, onion powder, and Ritz. Bake for 30-35 minutes.

Mashed Potatoes---> Boil Potatoes. Add Sour Cream, light butter, garlic, milk, salt and pepper. Blend with an electric mixer until fluffy.

No comments:

Post a Comment