Friday, June 15, 2012

Oh, By Golly, German Chocolate Cake Frosting



It's no secret.
I like cake.
A lot.

My boss's birthday is today, and, by golly, we need cake!
I remember, many months ago, my boss commenting on how much she loves German Chocolate Cake. 
Since, I love all things food, I stored that little bit of information in my brain "food catalog" under the index "Cake."
I also remember how awesome German Chocolate Cake is when my in-laws make their own frosting.

Homemade German Chocolate Cake Frosting = Ah-mazing

I didn't have my in-laws' recipe on hand, so, I found a 5-star recipe on Allrecipes---->click here



My boss was super excited about the cake-which was awesome. 
Shouldn't we all get excited about cake?
You gotta make this. 
Stinkin' awesome. 


Once you make from-scratch German Chocolate Cake Frosting from scratch, you'll never go back to the tub stuff.
Never.
Okay, maybe if it is a cake for somebody you don't like.
Then, maybe. 

 ***

Ingredients:
1 cup evaporated milk
1 cup white sugar
1 stick butter
3 egg yolks, plus 1 tsp water
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
1 cup flaked, sweetened coconut

Directions:
1) Combine all except pecans and coconut in a cold, non-stick skillet.
2) Turn burner on medium and stir continuously (VERY IMPORTANT) for about 10 minutes, or until mixture thickens. 
3) Stir in chopped pecans and coconut. 
4) Pour on cooled cake.


****I strongly recommend making this as a bundt cake....all the gooey, yummy, frosting gets trapped in the bundt hole 

(Budnt hole...that sounds similar to.....)

Enjoy!!! (Trust me, you will.)





No comments:

Post a Comment