Monday, June 4, 2012





Nom. Nom. Nom.

I have found a *new* recipe that has earned a spot in my "RRR"
(aka Regular Recipe Rotation

It comes in the form of preplanned menu item #4-
Country Ham Alfredo

 This recipe was given to me by my co-worker, Barbara (Hey Barbara!!!
I'll be honest, part of my thought this recipe sounded flippin' awesome, and the other part of me was a bit nervous. 
I mean I love all of the individual components, but how would they all taste together?
Ridiculously good.

I used my own Alfredo sauce in this recipe, but, if you are in a pinch (or already have a great recipe), use another. 
But, of course, I am partial to my Alfredo sauce.
(Aren't we all partial to our own?) 

Add caption


Ingredients:
  • 1 box Rotini Noodles (I used Smart Balance
  • 2 (6oz) pkgs Country Ham, sliced into bite-sized pieces
  • Onion (To be honest, I used onion powder.)
  • 1 (4 oz) jar Pimentos, drained
  • Alfredo Sauce (recipe follows):
    • 1 (8oz) Cream Cheese (lowfat)
    • 1 stick Light Butter
    • 1/2 cup Milk
    • 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
    • Seasonings, to taste: Garlic (equivalent of 3 cloves), dried Basil, Lemon Juice, Pepper, & Pinch of Nutmeg 
 
Directions:
  1. Boil Pasta according to directions. Add frozen peas to boiling pasta during the last 5 minutes of cooking pasta. Drain, reserving pasta water 
  2. In a skillet, saute country ham with onion/onion powder for 4-5 minutes.
  3. In a separate sauce pan, combine all ingredients for the Alfredo sauce. Season as desired. Cook on medium until combined. Then, simmer on low. 
  4. Combine drained pasta & peas, country ham, Alfredo sauce, and drained pimentos. Stir to combine.
  5. Add pasta water to dish, as needed, if mixture becomes too thick. 
  6. Serve & Yum! 

Just try this...come on! 
I dare you - you won't be disappointed!
 
 Side Note: I think we will use only 1 (6 oz) package of country ham. 

No comments:

Post a Comment