Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Flatbread Cheeseburger Pizza!



Not going to lie...I wasn't 100% sure about this recipe, but it intrigued me. 
I first saw this recipe on the blog PeanutButterFingers.
I have not ordered a Cheeseburger pizza in my 25 years. 
I think I've taken a bite of someone else's cheeseburger pizza, like, one time
Well, since I am doing better and all with planning our meals (*pats self on the back*), I planned to give this recipe a go.  

Close-up!

The result?
LOVED IT!
I was pleasantly surprised. 
The sauce on the pizza reminds me of the "special sauce" from McD's. (Um...YUM!!!)
Except, a lot better for you. 

Served with a side of roasted sliced Parmesan zucchini.
This was a great, easy dinner. 
Plus, I need something easy and FAST after my workout class, 'cause we don't generally get to eat dinner until 7:00 p.m. or so on the workout nights...late for us (late dinner=starvin' marvin).
Also, cheeseburger pizza is not too hard on the pocket book either-4 pizzas for about $6-$7, maybe?
These babies have a little less than 400 calories each. When's the last time you had a BIG pizza for less than 400 calories?

Don't be scared of Cheeseburger Pizza, Be BrAvE!

Here's the recipe, b/c ya know ya wanna try it...

Makes 4 Pizzas

Ingredients:
4 St Joseph's Flatbreads ($2 each @ walmart)
5 Tbs Miracle Whip
3 Tbs Ketchup
1 1/2 Tbs Yellow Mustard
1 1/2 Tbs Relish (Mine was Dill, not sweet)
3/4 lbs Ground Beef, cooked (Mine was 93/7%)
1 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar
Shredded lettuce
Tomato
Hamburger Pickle Chips



Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 2 cookie sheets with non-stick spray.
2) Bake Flatbreads in oven until crispy.
3) While flatbreads are baking, make the sauce: mix together MW, ketchup, mustard, and relish.
4) Remove flatbreads from oven, top with mixed sauce, cooked beef, and cheese.
5) Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.
6) Remove from oven and top with lettuce, tomatoes, and pickles.
Step 1

Step 2
Check out the Awesome nutrition of St Joseph's flatbread! Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment