Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Crispy Baked Ranch Chicken Tenders


Recipe #5 of my preplanned menu...
Crispy Baked Ranch Chicken Tenders

This one was sort of planned....
I knew I wanted some kind of crispy baked chicken (panko breadcrumbs=extra crunch=yum!)
The "ranch" part was the "fly by the seat of my pants" part-luckily I had the dry ranch in my cabinet.

These are super simple and help suffice a craving for fried chicken tender.
They are ready in no time-serve with a dip of your choice.


Ingredients:
2 Tbs sour cream, lowfat
1-2 Tbs milk
1 lb chicken breast tenders, thawed
1 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs
1/2 pkg dry ranch mix
1/4 parmesan cheese, grated
salt & pepper

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2) You'll need to separate bowls-in the first bowl, combine sour cream & milk. In the 2nd bowl, combine panko, parmesan, and dry ranch.
3) Season chicken with salt and pepper.
4) Dip chicken tenders first in sour cream mixture, then, in the breadcrumb mixtures.
5) Place on a greased baking sheet. (I usually spray the tops of my chicken with no-stick spray, too...it helps them get all golden and crispy).
5) Bake for about 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned, turning once during baking.
6) Let cool, serve, and yum!!

*You could probably bake these, then freeze them, and take them out and cook as needed...hmmm...to ponder... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment