Saturday, May 26, 2012

Skillet Flounder with Vermouth and Super Cheesy Broccoli Casserole (and other Fixin's)

Dinner is Served!



Oven-Roasted Potatoes-I LOVE these things!
Say "Hello" to Menu #3 of my planned dinners.
To be honest, this menu item wasn't as specific as the Chicken Cordon Bleu Paninis or the Stromboli-the ideas with this meal was to have some sort of white fish. I choose Flounder.

I got this recipe idea while watching Food Network.  Rachael Ray was making this awesome-sounding recipe (which I still hope to make later). Her recipe requires Italian sauasage, which I had used all in the stromboli and with my spaghetti squash -so, I couldn't make that recipe exactly, but took a similar approach.
I made Skillet Flounder w/ Vermouth, a rather simple recipe.

Plus, Aaron had requested his Aunt Tara's Super Cheesy Broccoli Casserole (*disclaimer-Really, really good, but NOT healthy!). I have been craving potatoes like a crazy person, so I made my Oven-Roasted Potatoes (<---click here), and we needed a colorful vegetable to join the party, thus, carrots.

Skillet Flounder with Vermouth:
Ingredients:
1 lb Flounder (or other white fish)
Seasoning desired: I used salt, pepper, tarragon,  basil
3 oz of Vermouth (about 3 Tbs)
1/4 cup chicken stock

 Directions:
Season Fish with salt, pepper, tarragon, and basil.
Spray hot skillet with non-stick spray (or use light butter) ***Do not use a non-stick pan!***
Place fish in skillet and add about 2 tsp of vermouth. 
Cook other side of fish.
Transfer to plate (warmed, if possible-fish cools off fast!)
Repeat for remaining batches, if necessary.

There should be some brown bits in the bottom of the skiller (=Mega Flavor!)
So, add some chicken stock to scrap up the bits. 
Reduce and pour over fish. 
Before Cooking the Flounder-The Vermouth Awaits...


Super Cheesy Broccoli Casserole:
Ingredients:
1 can cream of Mushroom
1 (16 oz) jar Cheese Whiz
1 large bag of frozen broccoli
1 sleeve Ritz
1 stick butter (okay, not gonna lie, I only used 1/2 stick of light butter)

Directions:
Steam Broccoli.
Drain.
Combine broccoli, cheese whiz, and cream of mushroom in a casserole dish.
Top with crushed Ritz and melted butter.
Bake on 350 about 45 minutes or until browned.
Cool and serve
Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment