Thursday, May 24, 2012

Scrumptious Stromboli's

Mambo, Mambo Italiano!

*Yummers!*
This is a "keeper."
Did I say "Yum?"

Got the hankerin' for some stromboli's the other night. 
 This is Recipe #2 from my pre-planned menu. 
Check it Ooouuut!

This one is pretty much assembly - just takes some prep work.
This is a lot a bit messy to make, but so worth it!
An added bonus is you can "customize" each stromboli according to each person's preference.
For some I left out the ham and olive, for another I left out the pepperoni, and for moi? 
I had all the ingredients in my 'boli!  


Strombolis Makes 8
Ingredients:
·         2 cans of refrigerated pizza dough
·         1 pkg of Italian shredded cheese
·         Optional fillings - These are what I used:
o   1 pkg turkey pepperoni          
o   1 ¼  lb Italian sausage
o   Smoked deli ham
o   Sliced mushrooms
o   Green olives
·         Seasonings, if desired- I used a tiny bit of garlic powder and basil
·         Cornmeal, for rolling dough
·         1 jar pizza sauce

Directions:
1)      Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray cookie sheet with nonstick spray.
2)      Sprinkle dough with cornmeal (top and bottom). Roll out pizza dough to about 12x16.
3)      If making individual strombolis, cut rectangle into 4’s. If not, move to step #4.
4)      Add fillings and seasonings, leaving a ½ border around the edge of the Stromboli(s).
5)      Roll up jelly-roll style. Seal edges. Place seam-side down on the baking sheet.
6)      Top with butter and garlic powder if desired (makes them brown-I also used Light Butter!)
7)      Bake for 25 minutes or until golden
8)      Serve with warm pizza sauce for dipping. 


*With this large batch, I fed 2 others AND had left overs for the next night as dinner! 
Score!

They're like giant little sleeping bundles of yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment