|Pardon the bites...my belly was in control before my brain!|
Chick, Chick, Chicken Cordon Bleu Paninis, that is.
This week, I am trying to do a better job of planning our meals.
Usually, when I go to the grocery, I have an idea of a couple of dishes.
This week - I actually made a list (which, ironically, I lost in the car before shopping) with a menu.
Check out item #1 of "the menu."
I honestly can't really remember exactly how I found this idea. I know I was browsing http://www.food.com/ and stumbled upon Rachael Ray's similar recipe. But, I didn't follow her recipe. Just "borrowed" the idea!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Paninis are a fast and easy twist on a classic.
Not too different, but a new spin.
This was ready in no time!
I see more paninis in our future dinners, 'cause I do love me a 'sammich.'
Recipe (makes 5 sandwiches):
- 1 1/4 lb Chicken Breast Tenderloins, boneless & skinless (aka "naked") (We had a total of 10 tenderloins, 2 per panini.)
- Seasonings, as desired, for chicken. (I used the "California Blend" from Kroger-garlic, salt, etc).
- 10 slices deli Ham (Or whatever kind of ham you have-I used thin, Smoked Ham)
- 5 slices Swiss Cheese
- Loaf of Bread (Ours was Sourdough)
- Dijon Mustard
- Butter Spray
1) Season Chicken Tenders. Sear and cook tenders until no longer pink. Transfer to a cool plate.
2) Assemble Paninis: Dijon, Swiss, Ham, & Chicken.
3) Spray an indoor grill (i.e. George Foreman) or panini press with no-stick spray.
4) Cook until bread is brown (I also wait until I hear it sizzling).
5) Serve & Yum!
Can't wait to try new panini recipes!