Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Herb-Crusted Mustard Pork Tenderloin


Check it Oooouuuut!
Mmm. Mmm. Good!
The famous lick does not only apply to soup, baby.

This what I call a "fancy pants meal."
I.E. I would be Proud to serve this to guests.
I'd be standing there, beaming with pride, with my pork tenderloin in hand. 
I can see it now... 
"Who me? What this little ol' meal was no trouble at all!" 

And I'd be tellin' the truth! 
This was quite simple, especially for the delicious outcome-great taste AND presentation!

This recipe all starting when I was given 2 recipes for pork tenderloin from a co-worker whose recipes are always good ones...I trust her suggestions 100%.
BTW: Isn't it great to have someone whose recipes you know you can trust.
'Cause we've all had those we shouldn't have trusted....
*shudder*
JOKING! 
I haven't had any that bad, geez!

Back to planet earth.
Long story short, out of the 2 recipes she gave me, I used 1 as a starting point, combined that with a 3rd recipe of hers, then, scoured the internet for additional help.
The result was a *new* version (all while using her cooking know-how, of course).
She had my back, dawg
Yeah.
Okay.
Sorry.
 Food just gets me all excited.

Okay, okay...
The recipe 
(which is both Slammin' AND Jammmin'

3 Components:
1) Rosemary Rub:

1Tbs dried Rosemary
1Tbs Garlic Garlic (which is made by Tastefully Simple, but one could use any other dried or fresh garlic) 
1 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
2 tsp course ground Black Pepper

2) Stone-Ground Mustard
3) 1 (1 lb) Pork Tenderloin

Directions: 
1) Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
2) Rub 2-3 HEAPING Tbs of stone-ground mustard into tenderloin.
3) Coat the tenderloin with the Rosemary Rub.
4) Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes*
5) Let rest for 5 minutes.
6) Cut & Serve. Yum!
*If tenderloin gets too brown on top, cover with aluminum foil
**This cooks pork to about medium/medium-well.

Hubby approves.
We WILL make this one again! 

Doesn't that look nice? Just ignore my semi-burnt pan. :)
Served with Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges & Peas
 Funny Tidbit: Whoopsie! I may have cooked the sweet potatoes slightly BLACK on one side (yep, I totally hid that side in my pictures)....Remember to turn oven-baked potatoes! They were still good...caught them in time! (Before the tasted like burnt ash.)

No comments:

Post a Comment