Sunday, March 18, 2012

Nantucket Cod with Roasted Brussel Sprouts

 Hubby was out of town...time to try some new foods!
When my hubby is home, I am less apt to try foods I know he isn't particularly fond of-even if I make them just for moi. 
I don't want a "hungry hubby," gosh, darn it!

Two of the hubby's dislikes were in tonight's dinner: 
Tomatoes and Brussel Sprouts. 

I LOOOOOVE tomatoes. In fact, I CANNOT WAIT for home-grown summer tomatoes. 
Oh. Yum.

I used the tomatoes to make a knock-off of Red Lobster's Nantucket Cod (which, oddly, I have never had). 
This was good! The tomatoes and seasoning were not overpowering, but really "added to" the dish.
I could really taste the fresh cod! 
I would make this one again!


On the other hand, I was a little scarred from a brussel sprouts "incident" from my childhood.
At my birthday party as a little kiddo, I was informed I could not have MY birthday cake until I had eaten brussel sprouts.
Oh. The. Horror. 
However, I lived barely
As an adult, brussel sprouts are "just okay."
I have heard that roasted brussel sprouts are quite good/better than usual.  
So, I thought I'd try.

Very Easy to Make!
I went simple with the brussel sprouts-just olive oil, salt, pepper, and dash of seasoning salt. 
Combined all ingredients and roasted on 400 degrees for about 30 minutes. 
The result?
They are okay. 
Yes, definitely better than steamed or boiled. 
I played it safe this time, but I want to make these again with different flavor add-ons (balsamic, garlic, etc).
                                    

Gosh, they look so delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment