Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Errrr...Pizza Bake?

 
This dish was suppose to be crock-pot pizza. 
What did it turn out to be? 
Well, after my many adjustments, it was more like a pasta bake.
What did I change? 
More like, what didn't I change!
 
The original recipe calls baking the ingredients in a crock-pot - equal amounts of Italian sausage and ground beef, rotini, pepperoni, pizza sauce, mozzarella, yellow cheese, green pepper, onion, and mushrooms.
So, here goes the changes...
Due to hubby preferences, I used less Italian sausage pepperoni (causes the heart to burn), AND less veggies AND added Italian Seasoning to compensate. 
Due to my inability to read directions properly, I used spaghetti sauce instead of pizza sauce.
Due to not having all supplies on-hand, I omitted the mozzarella.
Due to laziness in prepping the night before, I baked mine in the oven (no crock-pot).
So, as you see. I really didn't make the crock-pot pizza.
I made a pasta bake.

Oh, how the story goes! 
This was still good!
I made a big 9x13 pan.
A lot for 2 people; we ate dinner last night, leftovers tonight, shared with a friend, and STILL have a serving left! 

This was a basic, good pasta bake.
Nice and filling!

1 lb ground beef
1 link Italian Sausage (Turkey)
Chopped onions & Mushrooms
1 1/2 Tbs Italian Seasoning
Salt & Pepper

1) Combine all in skillet. Cook until meat is browned. Set aside.

1 box rotini, cooked & drained
2 jars Spaghetti sauce
1/2 pkg Pepperoni (Turkey)
8-12 oz shredded cheese (Cheddar)

2) Combine the above ingredients with the meat mixture.
3) Bake on 375 for about 20 minutes.




No comments:

Post a Comment