Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jucy or Juicy Lucy?

I feel like I need an intro for this recipe.
This recipe comes from St. Paul, Minnesota. 
Two resatuarants, Matt's Bar and 5-8 Club, claim to be the originators of the Jucy/Juicy Lucy. (Matt's Bar spells it as "Jucy" while the 5-8 Club spells it "Juicy.")
You may have seen it on the Travel Channel and/or Food Network. It's apparently pretty popular since I've seen the numerous shows a numerous amount of times. The two restaurants have a big rivalry concerning who created the famous burger.
What IS a Juicy Lucy?
The best burger I have ever cooked myself.
Okay, a better description is, an inside-out cheeseburger. You make 2 thin patties, then cut a slice of cheese into 4's, stuff the cheese in between the 2 patties, seal 'er up and cook.
We used American Cheese, but, you can use whatever type or mix of cheese you desire-Pepper jack, Cheddar, Blue Cheese, oh the possibilities!
I did season with garlic and worchesire. Next time, I'll just try good ol' salt and pepper-nothing fancy.
I also should've had made my patties thinner-they were a bit bulky.
But, THESE WERE GREAT!
The cheese melts in the middle and oozes out when you bite into it.
Totally should've gotten an "ooze" shot. 
Darn tasty.
I do believe, this is now my 'go to' way to make a hamburger. 
Yum. Yum. Yummy.

Check out the link for the recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/jucy-lucy-burgers/detail.aspx

Besides the cooking, my day consisted of church (on the way I spilled coffee on Aaron and I IN THE CAR and had to make a pit-stop, thus, late for church), grocery store, and MEGA studying. Oh, the joys.

No comments:

Post a Comment