Friday, February 3, 2012

Chicken Stir-Fry

Wednesday night's dinner was a fast one! And a welcome change-up from what I have been cooking lately. Asian is one of the hubby and mine's favorites cuisines.
I thought I'd try a new recipe-I generally make my stir fry with beef. I had chicken, so, need to deviate form the usual. 
I found a recipe with basic ingredients (i.e. without "different" ingredients one doesn't often have in a kitchen such as, oyster sauce, fish sauce, or other). 
This was simple. Garlic, Ginger, Chicken, Veggies, Soy, Cornstarch, & Chicken Base/Bullion.
The result?
Fast, but, I totally had to add brown sugar and double the sauce...i.e. DOUBLE THE FLAVOR!
It was an average stir-fry. Of course, we both like LOTS of flavor!

Directions:


  1. Cut chicken into 1/2 inch strips; place in a resealable plastic bag.
  2. Add cornstarch and toss to coat.
  3. Combine soy sauce, ginger, and garlic powder; add to bag and shake well.
  4. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
  5. In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 tablespoons oil; stir fry chicken until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes.
  6. Remove and keep warm.
  7. Add remaining oil; stir fry broccoli, celery, carrots, and onion for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender.
  8. Add water and bouillon.
  9. Return chicken to pan.
  10. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.



I did like the part of the recipe that requires coating the chicken in cornstarch and marinating. I marinated for 10 hours and the chicken was juicy and great! Just needed some darn more flavor! :)
I also cheated and used the frozen bag of asparagus stir-fry veggies, courtesy of the Wal-mart freezer section.

No comments:

Post a Comment