Sunday, January 29, 2012

Over the Past Couple of Weeks....

Yeah, okay, I may have been a little MIA lately. Okay, fine, I have been MIA. To catch up, I decided to do a  roll-out of my recent cooking results. 

 I feel I am required to pass along this recipe. I know I really really like oatmeal, but this is one that is just very delicious-disregarding my own personal oatmeal bias. This is so, so good AND filling!    















Maple & Pumpkin Ginger Oatmeal  


 1/2 Cup oatmeal (I use old-fashioned)
4 Tbs Pumpkin Puree
3 Tbs lowfat Cottage Cheese
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1 pkg Splenda
Cinnamon, pinch of Ginger, and pinch of Allspice
1 cup Water
2 Tbs sugar-free Maple Syrup

1) Mix all ingredients, except maple syrup, together until well combined.
2) Bake on 350 for about 20-25 minutes
3) Top with Maple syrup. 100% Yum!

About 240 calories, 10g protein, & 6g fiber! 
Awesome. I seriously recommend. 
 
Next Up:
This one was kind of an accident. Meant to grab the Basil...instead grabbed the Cilantro. Eh, just a detour to my yumminess. I really like this and it was ready...fast! Totally cheated with the Steamer bag of the broccoli mac'n cheese.

Is just me or does the steamer bags never taste quite right?
Lime-Cilantro Cod with Side Salad & Broccoli Mac 'n Cheese 

Chicken Biscuit Pot Pie
This is a dish in my normal dinner rotation. It can be made ahead, is tasty, filling, and most importantly, has NO pie crust!!!


And finally...

Holy, Moly...My New Sweet Euphoria
Yep. I have a new obsession. FROZEN YOGURT! I love it!!!
I have had 3 different chains' fro-yo:
1) Sweet CeCe's
2) Swirl's
3) Orangeleaf
Orangeleaf is definitely my favorite.
However, no OrangeLeaf Frozen Yogurt. 
*sad*
I shouldn't really complain - both places are still delcious!!! 
I bug Aaron (hubby) like a 5 yr old every time we are near a fro-yo place.
"Hey, don't forget...", 
"When we gonna go?" 
"I want some frozen yogurt sooooo bad."
It's pretty pathetic.
 Hi, my name is Jennifer, and I have an addiction.

Cookies n' Cream with Oreos and Marshmallows
Not a good pic of me!


Hubby had Chocolate with Brownies, Whipped Cream, & Cherries

No comments:

Post a Comment