Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
1 pound chicken breast, boneless and skinless (Odd, since the original title says "Strips")
1 egg, large
1/3 cup bread crumbs, Italian herb flavored
1 cups marinara sauce, already prepared, jar or deli
1/2 cup cheese, mozzarella, low moisture and part skim milk
1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut chicken breasts into strips about 1 inch wide.
- Beat egg in a bowl.
- Place bread crumbs on a plate for dredging.
- Dip the chicken strips in egg, then bread crumbs and place on baking sheet.
- Spray top of chicken with cooking spray.
- Bake for 15 minutes turning once.
- Spoon marinara sauce on top of each chicken strip. Top with mozzarella, then Parmesan and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes until cheese is melted.
Nutrition: Per Serving About: 300 calories, 11 g fat, 4 g saturated fat, 0 g trans fat, 32 g protein, 16 g carbohydrates,2 g dietary fiber, 720 mg sodium; WW Points plus value 7