Friday, June 24, 2011

Oooh Ommm Omelet


Check. It. Out. Yep, its my "Oooh Ommm Omelet." I came home from work the other night starving (as usual, 'cause it seems I am always hungry!). I really didn't know what to cook. The hubby was out of town, so, I was cooking just for one. Which means I can cook whatever I like, but also means that I am not as apt to cook a "big" meal.
Well, looked in the fridge and what did I see, fresh, brown farm eggs staring back at me. Like the rhyme, don't ya. Don't lie, you know you do. 
Well, hmmm, what to put IN the omelet? I pulled out some frozen onions and mixed peppers, threw in some fresh spinach that was hanging out in the crisper, a French Onion Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge (so creamy!), and MY very own FRESH GARDEN TOMATO! *Sigh* So proud of my little plants! Might I add that garden tomatoes taste SO much better than store-bought. Love 'em. 
I also added some herbs...Rosemary, Basil, wee bit of Thyme and Garlic Powder, and Salt and Pepper, of course. 

Mmm Mmm Mmm. That was Tasty, Fast, AND Filling! 3 very important traits...quick getting in my belly and my belly is oh so happy and full.
I also toasted an english muffin with strawberry jelly. Oh yeah, Love me some "Brinner" (aka BReakfast for diNNER). 

Here's the Recipe, Yo:
1 Egg Yolk & 2 Egg Whites
1/4 frozen Onions and Peppers (or fresh if you have them)
1 Handful of fresh Spinach Leaves
1 Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge (Your choice of which kind)
Herbs, Salt & Pepper, just a pinch of each

Directions:
1) In a non-stick skillet, saute onions and peppers until soft. Season with salt & pepper
2) Add in spinach leaves. Cook until wilty-looking
3) Scramble the egg yolk & whites, herbs, salt & pepper in a separate cup.
4) Then, in another non-stick greased skillet (or simply remove the veggies from your first one), cook eggs. Flip once.
5) Add in veggies and cheese wedges.
6) Top with tomato. Serve and yum!



Okay, I swear I have been cooking...just not blogging. Been so darn busy! I will try to do better. I have made Tilapia, White Chocolate and Almond Cookies, Oatmeal Pancakes (totally going to blog later 'cause I think I may be in love), Chickpea and Red Pepper Salad, and stuff. See, I have been cooking...Promise! Now...only to blog more...


No comments:

Post a Comment