Sunday, June 26, 2011

Alfredo Sauce - Cream Cheese Style

I know I have posted a previous Alfredo Sauce, but this is a new one....tastes better, quite easy, and not as healthy (hence the better taste) but this one still avoids the heavy whipping cream often present in alfredo sauce. However, hubby actually said he "loved it" and this was so easy....Looks like I have a definite "keeper" recipe.

This recipe came about when I was trying to decide what to make for dinner...hubby is back home from a family visit and I asked him what he wanted for din-din. He thought Alfredo sounded yummy. I told him I'd have to buy the sauce and he said, "Can you just make it with stuff we already have?" "Well,yeah, guess so," I responded. Onto the web I went. Found this and only tweaked just a tiny bit, I swear!

One bite of this and the hubby stated this was the best alfredo sauce I had ever made. Then, later preceded to make comments such as, "We can't waste this sauce," "I love it," and "Yes, I WILL eat the leftovers tomorrow". Glad he liked it so much!

This recipe re-enforces my belief that everything is better with either cream cheese or sour cream!

Alfredo Sauce:
1 (8 oz) pkg Cream cheese (lowfat)
1 stick of Light butter
1 cup Milk
3/4 Parmesan cheese
2 tsp Garlic powder
1/2 tsp B€asil, dried
Pinch of nutmeg
Pepper, to taste
Juice from one lemon wedge (okay, that was the part I added)

Directions:
In a saucepan on low, combine all of the ingredients (except lemon juice). Stir until melted and combined. Simmer on low until ready to serve. 
***Helpful Hint: If sauce gets too thick, simply add water to loosen (I used my pasta water).







No comments:

Post a Comment