Thursday, May 26, 2011

Naan Pizza Pie

                                                                                                                   

 Yep. These are some yum-a-licious pictures of homemade pizza! Doesn't it look delish? I have been on a pizza kick for a while know. I use to never crave it, but for the past month, I have really wanted to eat it! I generally by the lean cuisine pizzas to help balance the calories and try to relieve the conscience (mega calories are often present with "da pie"). But, I decided it was time to make my own.  A compromise between pizza-chain pizza and lean cuisine-  a happy medium :).

Plus, I really wanted to use the Naan Recipe I had made a few weeks ago as the vessel to carry my yumalicious indulgence (see the prior posted Chicken Tikka Masala for the Naan recipe). To add further, Aaron has requested the making of the Naan , oh, about 3 times in the past month  -so, I figured I better get my butt in gear and make it! Yeah, apparently, he really likes it. Really. Like, he ate just Naan as his whole dinner one night. Just Naan. What can I say, the man likes his bread.

Okay, back to "da pie". I had prepped the Naan the night before - meaning, I had mixed, kneaded (only a tad), and let rise the night before. Then, I wrapped is in saran wrap and stashed is in the fridge for the next day's (tonight's) dinner. It happily awaited my rolling pin upon my arrival home from work today. So, all I had to do tonight was pretty simple. I would definitely make this again. Definitely a good idea to use the Naan. Thank you, Naan! Plus, I "healthed it up" by using Turkey Pepperoni-which I highly recommend. It is way better for you, plus, still tasty. Easier on the digestion, too since they are not so greasy.

Here's my "Process":
1) I rolled out my prepped Naan. Placed on a Baking Sheet. Brushed the dough with tad of olive oil, garlic powder, and basil. Then, baked the crust only until lightly browned.
2) Then, I removed from the oven. Added my tomato sauce. 
(I will use a different brand next time. I had Kroger's in stock, but I will use either the Walmart Traditional blend (don't knock it, it is really good, promise!) or another brand.)
3) Topped sauce with mozzarella cheese, McCormick Garlic and Red Pepper seasoning, and Italian Seasoning, Wee bit of Parmesan, Turkey Pepperoni, and Green Olives.
4) Let bake in oven until melted and gooey and lightly browned and until I was drooling. Okay, maybe I wasn't drooling...noticeably, at least, but....
5) Dining time! Of course, I served mine with pepperocini rings.

Drool Shot!


 I know, wipe the drool away now.

No comments:

Post a Comment