Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Greek Veggie Toss

I was having a craving for some yummy Greek salad I have had a couple of times while visiting my in-laws in the northern states. I was having dreams of feta, beets, tomatoes, onions, and all that jazz piled on a hug bed of lettuce. Well, since I am about, oh, 9 hours from that Greek restaurant, I was going to have to find an alternative. So, I made my own version. It was yummy, healthy, and sufficed my craving. Also, this is a very fresh, light, filling, and good-for-you recipe. This would be a good one for potlucks-make ahead and store in the fridge until ready to serve.

Here goes...

Ingredients:
2 roma tomatoes, diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/4-1/2 red onion, diced
1/4 cup of pepperocini rings (Olives would be better, if you have them.)
1 can of beets, quartered and drained
1/4 cup of feta cheese, crumbled
Juice of 1/2 of lemon
2 Tbs of red wine vinegar
2 tsp dried oregano
Salt and pepper

Directions:
Combine all. Serve! (Even better if you let this marinate in the refrigerator overnight).


P.S. I added a can of tuna to 1/3 of the recipe in order to make this a lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment