Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fluffy Pancakes

It's so fluffy!!!! Behold, the fluffy pancakes! Ta da! This officially one of my easy "go-to" pancake recipe. I have made these twice now, and both times, they are just so darn fluffy!

I arrived home from a brief a.m. outing to a few rummage sales when Aaron asked, "Why don't you make me some breakfast?" Challenge taken. He decided pancakes sounded yummy. I also made bacon to accompany -We don't need lonely ol' pancakes by themselves! Alas, I turned to my good "old faithful" recipe. So easy and so wonderful.

These babies possess the 2 necessary traits of pancakes: Texture and Taste. While I have stuck with the plain ol' version, I am positive these would be awesome with the addition of blueberries or chocolate chips, if that is what works for you. The husband prefers his plain-jane style.




<---The plate I originally fixed for the hubby








<---His "re-fixed", bigger version...








Ingredients
3/4 cup milk
2 Tbs vinegar 
1 cup all purpose flour (Option to substitute up to half of AP flour for whole-wheat, only if you want)
2 Tbs white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
2 Tbs of melted butter (Totally forgot to add this time-oops!)

Directions

  1. Combine milk with vinegar in a medium bowl and set aside for 5 minutes to "sour".
  2. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Whisk egg and butter into "soured" milk. Pour the flour mixture into the wet ingredients and whisk until lumps are gone.
  3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment