Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Simple Pimento Cheese

Okay....fine. Here's an "easy" one. I'll cut a few peoples some slack. So, I haven't been cooking anything extravagant lately, just the basics like Pot Roast and this featured recipe...Pimento Cheese Sandwiches.  I even debated putting this one on here. I didn't even take a picture! Oh, heavens forbid! The audacity! The horror! Simple and no picture? Wha? Who might this blogger be? Yes, it is still me, the let's-see-what-I-can-try-next wanna-be cook. But, heeeyyy, Relax! I haven't totally gone off the deep-end. After all, I didn't follow the recipe. See. There is a gleam of the familiar in this after all.

First, let's just say the original recipe called for waaay too many pimentos. Yeah, I know, it is pimento cheese, but really! We all know the good stuff is the cheese and goo (aka the salad dressing). Who needs a vegetable in there?? Ha ha. Joking (I really do LOVE vegetables!). Second, the husband (for whom the pimento cheese was requested by) does not like sharp cheddar cheese. Third, I really didn't have colby cheese either, or much of it. So, yeah know, I did what I do...I changed it to my liking. After all, I think that is what makes cooking, well, cooking.

This is super fast to fix! This was ready in oh...say 5 minutes! Why in the world would anybody buy store-bought stuff when the homemade stuff is so much better AND super easy. Now, I know my "easy" is not everyone's definition of easy when it comes to cooking. But trust me, this one really is.


Simple Pimento Cheese Recipe (how I made it):

1 cup Miracle Whip (light)
3 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese
4 oz jar of pimentos, drained
salt & pepper to taste

Directions:
1) Mix all together until combined. Serve as sandwiches or with celery or chips. Yum!


For the original recipe:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick-and-Easy-Pimento-Cheese/Detail.aspx

2 comments:

  1. Jenn this looks so easy to do and yummy too! I'm gonna try it. man, it seems like forever since I've seen you. Email me and we will have to catch up, great blog! Hvnbound86@yahoo.com
    Brittany (johnson)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is not his mother's pimento cheese granny

    ReplyDelete