Monday, March 28, 2011

Awesome Awesome Awesome Roasted Potatoes

Yes, that is awesome 3 times! They are that good! I loooovvve these things! This is a recipe that I generally only make when others are around. The reason? If I made these and I was the only one around..I would eat the WHOLE pan. Yes, I would shamefully and blissfully eat the entire darn pan of this yummy deliciousness. Don't judge me. You'll understand if you tried this (and it wouldn't hurt if you really like potatoes). 

This is another one of my simple recipes that require very few ingredients. If you like french fries, these are way better tasting and way better for you. I happened to serve these with Mamwich Sloppy Joes for dinner. Good ol' hearty meal (no worries, I use 93% lean beef). Oh, a word of very helpful advice relating to Mamwich, if you're going to do the short-cut route and buy the pre-made mix (which I do), DO NOT use the off-brand powdered sloppy joe mix. Use only "name brand" Mamwich in the can. Trust me on this. The package is not even close to the same. I shudder to remember....(okay, it wasn't that bad of an experience, but if I have a will, I will choose Mamwich).

 Serves 4
Ingredients:
1-1/4 lb of Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder 
1/4 tsp Paprika (optional)
1 Tbs Olive Oil (I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil) 

Directions:
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2) Wash potatoes. Dice into bite-size pieces.
3) Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Toss until potatoes are evenly and thoroughly coated with seasonings and oil. 
4) Spray non-stick spray to grease a baking sheet. Spread potatoes evenly on pan.
5) Roast potatoes in oven for 25-30 minutes. Turn/Toss halfway during cooking time (helps ensure even cooking).
6) Once potatoes are cooked through and lightly browned, remove from oven.
7) This is the hard part...wait until potatoes have cooled some. Serve. 
8) You may now partake in the yummy deliciousness of the simple roasted potato.

P.S.Man, you can tell, I really like garlic from all these recipes...


No comments:

Post a Comment